Application File Requirements
Due to COVID-19 precautions, we are currently accepting documents electronically. Please submit required documents to [email protected].
Complete a freshman online application at https://www.qatar.tamu.edu/admissions/apply
Copy of applicant’s passport (residency permit if applicable):
Applicants are to submit a legible copy of their passport by either email, fax or in person. Non-Qataris living in Qatar are to submit a legible copy of their residency permit.
OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS
Please submit official transcripts for the last three years of high school (grade 10, 11 and 12; and grade 13 if applicable).
- Applicants who are still in their last year of high school at the time of application should submit the most up to date transcript.
- To be considered official, a transcript must bear an original signature of a school official or an original school seal.
- Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official English translation. Candidates who have attended high schools in more than one country should submit official transcripts from each school attended.
- Fax or email copies will not be considered official.
- Applicants whose educational system includes High School Diploma will be required to send official transcripts for grades 9-12.
- Applicants whose educational system includes O-levels and A-levels will be required to send the completed O-level results, AS results and projected A-level results before the application deadline.
- Applicants whose educational system includes International Baccalaureate (IB) will be required to send official transcripts for grades 10-12 and projected IB results before the application deadline.
OFFICIAL ABP TRANSCRIPTS (IF APPLICABLE)
Academic Bridge Program transcripts are required for applicants who have attended or are currently attending the ABP program.
OFFICIAL SAT OR ACT SCORES
Given the continued restrictions on in-person testing opportunities and in light of recent announcements regarding halted plans for virtual testing, Texas A&M University will not require SAT/ACT test scores from students applying for the Spring and Fall 2021 and 2022 semesters. Submission of tests scores will not create any unfair advantage or disadvantage for those students who provide them.
For additional information regarding test scores for the Spring and Fall 2021 semesters, see our FAQs.
- Either the SAT or ACT examination is required for admission consideration.
- Priority consideration will be given to candidates who achieve a competitive test score in all sections of either examination. It is expected that all sections of these examinations will be given full attention.
- When signing up for standardized exams, you must use your name as it is on your passport to expedite receipt of your test scores prior to the 1 March deadline. This will ensure that your application is complete and eligible for review. Otherwise, your test scores may be filed with another applicant.
- SAT/ACT scores must be from a test date within five years of the planned date of enrollment.
- Official SAT/ACT test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency using Texas A&M at Qatar’s codes below:
SAT: http://collegeboard.com – 4290
ACT: http://act.org – 5270
OFFICIAL TOEFL OR IELTS SCORES
Applicants should submit official scores of either the TOEFL or IELTS.
- When signing up for standardized exams, you must use your name as it is on your passport to expedite receipt of your test scores prior to the March 1st deadline. This will ensure that your application is complete and eligible for review. Otherwise, your test scores may be filed with another applicant.
- A minimum score of 80 on internet-based TOEFL, 550 on paper based TOEFL, 213 on computer based TOEFL, or 6.0 on IELTS is required for admissions.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores must be from a test date within two years of the planned date of enrollment
- Official test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency using Texas A&M at Qatar’s codes below:
http://toefl.org – 4290
Duolingo English Test and English3:
Texas A&M University at Qatar is temporarily accepting both the Duolingo English Test and English3 online assessments from applicants where TOEFL and IELTS exams are impacted due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns. Applicants from affected countries may submit Duolingo English Test (105 minimum) or English3 scores (67 minimum) to satisfy English proficiency requirements for Fall 2020 admission.
An essay is a required element of the application form. The essay gives applicants the opportunity to present their uniqueness, special skills, and challenges they may have faced, or anything else they want us to know about them. Applicants can state why they are interested in studying engineering and why they have chosen Texas A&M at Qatar.
STUDENT RÉSUMÉ OR CV
In résumé form, applicants would document their academic and non-academic accomplishments, achievements and recognitions. These areas include extracurricular activities, volunteer work, leadership roles, community service, awards, talents, and employment.
Two reference forms that can be downloaded from the admissions’ website must be submitted. Your mathematics or science teacher should complete one form, while a school administrator or teacher can complete the other one. The form must be enclosed in a sealed envelope. Reference forms are available online and should be submitted to the office in a closed and sealed envelope.
A non-refundable application fee of QR 330 or $90 USD is required to complete the application. Once you submit your online application and passport copy, you will receive instructions via email from the Office of Admissions at Texas A&M University at Qatar regarding payment of the application fee online.
Once you submit your online application and passport copy, you will receive instructions via email from the Office of Admissions at Texas A&M University at Qatar regarding the submission of your essay, student resume/CV and paying the application fee online.
SUBMITTING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Documents can be mailed or submitted in person.
- To mail required documents, send to:
Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University at Qatar
P.O. Box 23874
- To submit in person, visit the Office of Admissions, Sunday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Copies of passports, residency permits, essay and resume can be sent via email at [email protected]
- Students who submitted application files for previous terms need to contact the Office of Admissions to request for their documents to be forwarded to the new admissions application file. Students are also responsible to submit the most up-to-date academic records, updated essays and resumes, and payment of the application fees.
- Once documents are submitted, Texas A&M University at Qatar’s Office of Admissions will take ownership of the documents and you will not be able to edit or change them prior to application review.