Application File Requirements
Due to COVID-19 precautions, we are currently accepting documents electronically. Please submit required documents to [email protected].
Complete a transfer online application at https://www.qatar.tamu.edu/admissions/apply
Copy of applicant’s passport (residency permit if applicable): Applicants are asked to submit a legible copy of their passport by either email, fax or in person. Non-Qataris living in Qatar are to submit a legible copy of their residency permit.
OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS
Please submit official transcripts for the last three years of high school (grade 10, 11 and 12; and grade 13 if applicable).
- To be considered official, a transcript must bear an original signature of a school official or an original school seal.
- Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official English translation. Applicants who have attended high schools in more than one country should submit official transcripts from each school attended.
- Fax or email copies will not be considered official.
OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS
Transcripts should be mailed in a sealed envelope from each university attended.
Applicant files will not be reviewed for admission until the official transcripts are received for all course work taken at every university attended.
University courses posted on another university’s transcript are not accepted.
Faxed copies are not accepted.
Failure to submit official transcripts from all universities attended will constitute ineligibility for admission into Texas A&M at Qatar.
OFFICIAL SAT OR ACT SCORES (RECOMMENDED-NOT REQUIRED)
When signing up for standardized exams, you must use your name as it is on your passport to expedite receipt of your test scores prior to the deadline. This will ensure that your application is complete and eligible for review. Otherwise, your test scores may be filed with another applicant.
Applicants should submit official scores of SAT (Reasoning Test) or ACT.
SAT/ACT scores must be from a test date within five years of the planned date of enrollment.
Official SAT/ACT test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency using Texas A&M at Qatar’s codes below.
OFFICIAL TOEFL OR IELTS SCORES
Applicants should submit official scores of either the TOEFL or IELTS.
- When signing up for standardized exams, you must use your name as it is on your passport to expedite receipt of your test scores prior to the March 1st deadline. This will ensure that your application is complete and eligible for review. Otherwise, your test scores may be filed with another applicant.
- A minimum score of 80 on internet-based TOEFL, 550 on paper based TOEFL, 213 on computer based TOEFL, or 6.0 on IELTS is required for admissions.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores must be from a test date within two years of the planned date of enrollment
- Official test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency using Texas A&M at Qatar’s codes below:
http://toefl.org – 4290
An essay is a required element of the application form. The essay gives applicants the opportunity to present their uniqueness, special skills, and challenges they may have faced, or anything else they want us to know about them. Applicants can state why they are interested to study engineering and why they have chosen Texas A&M at Qatar.
STUDENT RÉSUMÉ OR CV
In résumé form, applicants would document their academic and non-academic accomplishments, achievements and recognitions. These areas include extracurricular activities, volunteer work, leadership roles, community service, awards, talents and employment.
A non-refundable application fee of QR 330 or $90 USD is required to complete the application. Once you submit your online application and passport copy, you will receive instructions via email from the Office of Admissions at Texas A&M University at Qatar regarding payment of the application fee online.
Once you submit your online application and passport copy, you will receive instructions via email from the Office of Admissions at Texas A&M University at Qatar regarding the submission of your essay, student resume/CV and paying the application fee online.
SUBMITTING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Documents can be mailed or submitted in person.
- To mail required documents, send to:
Office of Admissions
Texas A&M University at Qatar
P.O. Box 23874
- To submit in person, visit the Office of Admissions, Sunday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Copies of passports, residency permits, essay and resume can be sent via email at [email protected]
- Students who submitted application files for previous terms need to contact the Office of Admissions to request their documents to be forwarded to the new admissions application file. Students are also responsible to submit the most up-to-date academic records, updated essays and resumes, and payment of the application fees.
- Once documents are submitted, Texas A&M at Qatar’s Office of Admissions will take ownership of the documents and you will not be able to edit or change them prior to application review.